Sciencetech Instrument Repair Procedure
If your Sciencetech instrument or product is in need of repair, please notify our Customer Support Department of your problem by e-mailing them at email@example.com or calling them at 519 644 0135 x108. You will need to provide your name, product serial number(s), and the date of purchase. Our Technical Support Team will inform you whether your instrument is still under warranty or if you are financially responsible for its repair. Refer to the section Returning Goods to Sciencetech, Inc. below for specific details on instrument returns. DO NOT send any instrument to Sciencetech without following the instructions above and receiving prior consent.
Sciencetech will repair the instrument at no cost. However, the shipping cost of returning the instrument to Sciencetech is the responsibility of the customer. Sciencetech will only pay the shipping cost of returning the instrument back to your destination after repairs. Note that if the instrument returned to Sciencetech for warranty repairs is found to be non-defective and in working order, it will be returned to the customer at their own expense.
Sciencetech will repair the instrument for a fixed price that includes parts and labor. However, you will need to return the instrument to Sciencetech for an inspection and repair quotation. A minimum diagnostic fee for the returned instrument of $300USD will apply, so please check with our Customer Support first. Sciencetech will not repair your instrument until you have approved the repair quotation. The cost of the diagnostic fee will be encompassed in the total repair cost. If you prefer not to have the instrument repaired after receiving the repair quotation, Sciencetech will return your instrument at your cost. Note: All repairs carry a 30 day warranty on parts and workmanship.
Returning Goods To Sciencetech, Inc.
1. Our Customer Support Department will provide you with an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number whenever you return your instrument for warranty or non-warranty repairs. You must reference this RMA number in your return shipment. Sending your instrument without the RMA # & harmonized code below may result in the customer being charged for incurred custom charges.
2. Please complete the Sciencetech Instrument Repair Form and include it with your return shipment. This and other necessary forms are listed below.
3. Essential shipping documents are: i) Commercial Invoice and ii) your country’s Exporting Declaration. The following information is required by Canada Customs for approval for entry into Canada. Please include complete details in the Customs Declaration section of the Commercial Invoice:
- Harmonized Custom Code 9813.00.00.95 [for returning to Canada.] It is ESSENTIAL that these codes appear on paper and electronic documentation and/or reporting, including: 1. Shipping Company Waybill; 2. Commercial Invoice; 3. your country’s Export Declaration form.
- Please include a copy of the original "Certificate of Origin" that came with the original shipping documents. If you do not have this, contact Customer Support and we will email you a copy.
- Made in Canada instrument returned back to Canadian manufacturer for (warranty or non-warranty) repairs under RMA# 05X-XXXX.
- Consignee (Canadian manufacturer) will be returning Made in Canada instrument back to Shipper (purchaser) after repairs are made.
- Consignee (Canadian manufacturer) is NOT purchasing or re-purchasing this Made in Canada instrument.
- Declare the value as indicated on the invoice for the order.
A Commercial Invoice form to be completed and included with returned shipment is available for download below, as is a sample completed form.
4. Failure to include the above information may result in the customer being charged for Customs charges incurred by Sciencetech.
5. Boxing and Packing Instructions: Make sure the equipment is packaged well before shipping. Refer to the PDF document Sciencetech Equipment Packing Directions below. If your instrument contains a light source, please remove the lamp (light bulb) from its socket and package it separately before shipping. Sciencetech’s warranty does not cover damages caused by improper packaging for returned shipments. It may be advisable to insure your shipment both to and from Sciencetech; Sciencetech will be pleased to insure warranty and non-warranty return shipments at additional cost to the customer.
6. Return instrument to the following address: Attention: Dr. James Francis, Sciencetech, Inc. 1450 Global Drive, London, ON Canada N6N 1R3. Tel. (519) 644-0135.