SALES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Any Sciencetech quote is valid for a period of ninety (90) days.
2. Best effort results for all projects requiring research and development.
3. Prices are in United States Dollars ($US) unless otherwise stated.
4. All orders require the balance of the order paid and a valid purchase order (P.O.) submitted to Sciencetech before production can begin. If alternative payment terms have been established in writing between the customer and Sciencetech, these terms must be fulfilled before an order begins production. If a letter of credit is used as the method of payment, the customer will be levied a $500.00 L/C charge for its implementation and production of the order will not begin until a valid copy of the letter of credit is in Sciencetech’s possession.
5. Delivery lead time may vary subject to the availability of parts from vendors.
6. Complex orders involving custom development and systems integration may require a technical review with customer feedback before manufacturing. Please note that such orders do not begin until after the technical review is performed and all necessary customer authorization is obtained.
7. A late penalty of 1% per month will be added to any overdue balances.
8. No returns or refunds without Sciencetech’s prior approval.
9. Sciencetech assesses all incoming purchase orders (P.O.) and reserves the right to reject them or advise the customer of administrative/financial changes.
10. Cancellation of an order will result in a restocking fee of 30% of the order’s value, less shipping, handling, and extended warranty charges.
11. There are no refunds for custom made products.
12. For custom orders, customers may come at their own expense to witness and sign-off on free acceptance testing at our facilities before shipping in accordance to Sciencetech specified performance standards. If a customer purchases on-site installation, the same acceptance testing will be repeated at the customer’s facility.
13. Local and international safety code certification including UL, CSA, and CE is not included with some products or on custom systems. Please specify if required, as such certification can be included at an additional cost.
14. Sciencetech does not accept any penalty clauses on late shipment/arrival of orders.
15. Any orders quoted may be subject to a possible evaluation of exchange rates at the time of order.
1. All Sciencetech Inc. products have a limited warranty applicable for a period of one year from the time of delivery (consumable items such as arc lamps are exempted). Any component of a Sciencetech system not directly manufactured by Sciencetech is covered by its own manufacturer’s warranty only and is not covered by Sciencetech’s limited warranty.
2. The Sciencetech limited warranty is only valid if the balance of the order has been paid in full, regardless of payment terms established prior, during, or after the conclusion of production.
3. Any products covered under the Sciencetech limited warranty states it will be free of defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and service. The Sciencetech limited warranty is void if the product is improperly maintained, modified, misused or incorrectly installed.
4. Sciencetech must be notified in writing within the warranty period of any problem for the warranty to be valid. Products under the Sciencetech limited warranty will be replaced or repaired at Sciencetech’s option at no additional charge. Products being returned to Sciencetech for repair or exchange must have shipping, handling and/or insurance prepaid by customer.
5. Equipment returned to Sciencetech for warranty repairs that are found to be non-defective and in working order will be returned to the customer at their own expense.
6. Sciencetech will not pay bank guarantees in order that equipment may be returned to Sciencetech for warranty repairs. In addition, Sciencetech will not send new equipment to the client until the defective equipment has arrived at Sciencetech.
7. Sciencetech is not liable for any consequences resulting from the use of Sciencetech instruments. Under all circumstances, maximum responsibility of Sciencetech is limited to the replacement of the instrument or unit. All customer special developments and research and development products are not covered by Sciencetech warranties unless otherwise agreed by both parties in writing.
PACKAGING AND SHIPPING GUIDELINES
1. Sciencetech levies a packing and handling fee to cover the cost of packing the order. This fee is in addition to the shipping cost and will be levied regardless of whether the customer makes their own shipping arrangements or not.
2. The buyer shall pay all transportation, handling, insurance, taxes, license fees, import, export and customs fees and duties, tariffs and other charges related to the products or services purchased hereunder. If claiming tax exemption, buyer must provide Sciencetech with valid tax exemption certificates.
3. All products will be delivered FOB (for domestic shipments) or EXW (for international shipments), Sciencetech's designated factory. Upon delivery of the Products to the carrier, title to the products (except for title to any software which shall at all times remain with Sciencetech) shall pass from Sciencetech to the buyer, and the buyer shall assume all risk of loss or damage unless otherwise agreed by both parties in writing. In no event shall Sciencetech be liable for any delay in delivery (provided that Sciencetech delivers the products to the carrier in a timely fashion), or assume any liability in connection with shipment, nor shall the carrier be deemed an agent of Sciencetech.
4. Applicable taxes, duties, and brokerage fees are not included in the quote and are the buyer’s responsibility. Canada has no export taxes to international destinations, but the customer may be subject to local import duties and associated brokerage fees in their own country.
5. If a customer accepts partial delivery, Sciencetech will individually invoice for partial payment of that delivery according to the current applicable payment terms. Due to extra delivery, shipping charges will appear separately on each invoice, corresponding to the cost of shipping.
SCIENCETECH CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Sciencetech wishes to provide each and every customer with the best product experience possible. If you have any questions, concerns or problems with any of your Sciencetech products, help is always available. You may call our customer support department by phone (519) 644-0135 x108 or email: email@example.com. In order to best serve you in a timely manner, please have as much of the following information as possible ready prior to contacting Sciencetech:
- Model and the serial number of each item in question, along with the delivery date.
- Sciencetech Job Number (if there is a CD or flash drive shipped with the order, it will be written on the CD or flash drive).
- A description of the problem(s) with as much detail as possible
- If contacting by email, please send as many compressed JPEG pictures as possible that illustrate the problem(s).
Every attempt will be made to resolve the problem remotely through a variety of means, including remote software diagnostics, etc. If the solution is to return the equipment to Sciencetech for diagnostics and repairs, please see the “Repair Procedures” section on our website. Note that out-of-warranty inquiries are always welcome, and Sciencetech would be pleased to arrange a solution to your problem and provide quotations for non-warranty repairs.